Commission Chairman-elect Stan Helton with wife Heather. Photo was taken immediately after being sworn-in.
1. What are your thoughts as you begin your political career in the role of chairman of Fannin County Commission Board?
I’m excited, humbled, and ready to go to work for the citizens of Fannin County.
2. What is one of your top priorities as you take office?
Getting the new fire station up and running is my top priority.
3. Do you plan to keep the 5-minute time limit for individuals addressing the board during public commentary?
I believe a 3-minute limit for individual public commentary is appropriate. In addition to the bi-weekly BOC meetings, we also are adding a monthly work session and if time permits, will allow public commentary as well.
4. Would you complete this sentence? “As your new commission chairman, I can assure you that _______.”
“… I will always make decisions with the county’s best interest in mind.”
5. Tell us about your family, your interests, and why you are optimistic as 2017 approaches.
My wife Heather and I are very involved in community service throughout the area. Our two Army veteran sons and six grandchildren live in another state but we try our best to spoil them all when we do get together. We live in the best area of the whole country, with good Christian, common sense people. How could I not be optimistic!!!