Above: Matthew Marlow and Reese Lewis check out a heavy fossil
Mrs. Grubb’s 3rd grade Science classes had a Guest Speaker on Fossils on December 8th and 9th. Jayne Brechbill (Fossil Lady) came and shared the following:
· Hands on instruction using museum quality specimens.
· Students were permitted to hold and examine all specimens.
· Specimens included fossils dating back 500 million years.
· Geologic time scale was used as a reference for this class.
· Speaker compared and contrasted rocks, minerals and rock formation.
· Plate tectonics is one aspect of this detailed lesson on fossils.
This subject matter meets Georgia State Science Standards for Grade 3 and Grade 6.